Despite the heat Evie has had a hankering to learn how to roller skate. We picked up some kiddie skates at a garage sale last summer and they have been hanging out in Evie's closet waiting for their moment. Last week after school I did my best to help her out with this task, however, given my current bulbous state it was a little difficult and, quite frankly, I pooped out on the task after just 15 minutes or so. What she really wanted someone to put on our other skates and show her how it is done... definitely not a task I am up to right now. So last Saturday morning Patrick rose to the challenge, put on his skates and gave her a demo. She isn't quite ready for prime time but by the end of the lesson she was at least standing and sliding (a bit) on her own.
In other news Lacroix deux is now officially "term" aka 37 weeks today. We both hope that s/he hangs in there for a bit longer (but not too much longer) but it is certainly an exciting milestone! The actual estimate date o' arrival is July 22nd. Little Lentil has been doing well, making my belly move and wave like something out of a bad sci-fi film, but for me the last two weeks have been pretty tiring, the combo of the heat and the pregnancy induced insomnia are definitely taking a toll. Luckily most days I've been able to take a nap but there have been a few times of late when just moving around, let alone doing something quasi productive, has seemed like a colossal challenge.
The final bit of happening is that as of yesterday I am gainfully unemployed and will now set myself to the job of entertaining Evie for the month of July! Although overall I am really excited at the prospect of hanging out with her and playing just the two of us for one last period of time before she loses her only child status; I am also a bit nervous given her spotty nap record of late. We'll see how well I do without any naps (I am sure she'll be just fine). Regardless, given the recent ups and downs, it is exciting to be officially finished with the 5 years of one job and able to fully focus on my endeavors as a PhD student!

No comments:
Post a Comment