This year we celebrated the 4th of July at home in Tucson. A trip up to the cabin was contemplated and then ultimately scrapped on the off chance I should go into labor (which I did not) and because the idea of 10 hours in a car on winding roads in my "condition" was not exactly my idea of a good time. We spent the weekend hanging out doing some much needed house chores and pre-baby chores (like build the bassinet) and then went on an adventure on Monday. The first order of the day was for Patrick to make patriotic pancakes. Here was his first attempt:
What? You have no idea what he was attempting? Shocking. It is supposed to be an American flag. Here is the second attempt:
Decidely more flag like, I'll admit.... but there is one major problem with this flag not associated with the fact that I do not doubt the difficulty of making a pancake USA flag.... Ummm since when are the stripes on Old Glory red and blue? Darn hippies, don't even know what an American flag looks like. :) Regardless they were very delicious so I really shouldn't be too critical.
After breakfast we piled in the car and drove out to Kartchner Caverns for a cave tour. I was eager to go figuring it was pretty much the closest way for me to get outside (so to speak) and take a walk. (All the mountain forests around here were still closed due to fire danger) I don't have any pictures because they are very strict about what you bring into the cave and cameras are a no go. But trust me when I say that it was lovely and Evie really enjoyed herself. She kept telling everyone that this was the third cave she had been through and how she didn't find caves scary at all (oh that and that her Mom was pregnant...)
After our underground foray we headed over to my parent's house to watch fireworks but ended up watching an even better show... big monsoon storm with lightning and thunder... the best an Arizonan could ever hope for on the 4th of July!


No comments:
Post a Comment