Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Photos and a little catch-up

Not too much time or energy to write... Isadora is a better sleeper than Evie was at this stage but equally difficult to feed... we definitely know that her lungs work well, let's just put it that way.  Here are some photos from the weekend both pre and post-Isadora and a photo or two more of the new little one.

Face painting by daddy on Saturday... an angel on her forehead.  She also painted her face herself, the scariest clown I have ever seen... didn't get a photo of that one though.


Belly art by Evie.  My cheap alternative to the fancy belly decoration.  The red thing in the middle is a chrysalis (it was the first thing she painted... I have no idea why she decided to paint that, but I like the symbolism... and the fact she actually called it a chrysalis)

Evie doing a dance all dressed up on Sunday...  this is what she and Patrick did while I rested and tried to figure out (read was in denial about) the leak that turned out to be a break... well really a tear in.... the bag o' waters....  round about 1:30 pm....

Hanging out at the Birth Center after Isadora was born.  My brother and Claudia brought Genevieve by at around 10:30.  She finally made it to sleep at midnight... I pretty much just lay there all night staring at Isadora on my chest... in utter disbelief that I had just had another baby.

Evie passed out on the floor in the room (actually really the very spot) where I had Isadora.  She slept in to a record of 9 am.  A never before accomplished feat.  By the way, the bed there in the picture is the same bed that Genevieve was born in.  Pretty cool eh?

Sleepy Isadora yesterday.

Evie showing off her "present" from Isadora yesterday.  Patrick had to go into work for a little bit leaving me at home with both girls.  Genevieve did such a good job of being a helper and being patient.  I am so proud of her. (By the way she still has the dress on today.. looks like Isa made a good choice)

No comments: