Thursday, July 13, 2017

On the Kootenai River


One of the most amazing things about this summer has been living steps away (well steps across a highway… but not too busy of a highway) from the Kootenai River.  This proximity has meant that almost any (and often every) night we are able to go down and sit by or fish in the river. 
While both girls were at camp (for those 2 nights) we were able to go down to the river just the two of us for almost three hours. Patrick stood in the water and fished and I sat on a rock, took pictures and read a book until there was so little light I couldn’t see to read anymore.  Every chance we get to sit at the river is a good one… but there is something particularly peaceful I think about reading a book on a rock in the middle of a river :)

No comments: