Saturday, July 22, 2017

Just me and my dogs

Last week Patrick and the girls traveled with my parents to Leech Lake in Minnesota so it was just me and my dogs :)  On Friday night I headed up to the Yaak with some friends to listen to a great stomping bluegrass band, The Dodgy Mountain Men.  The Yaak is quite the rural drive, and the concert ended late, so the dogs and I slept on the blowup bed in the back of the Subaru in the yard of a fellow Forest Service person whose grandma lived near the bar where the band played (yup just about as random as it sounds!).  The next morning the grandma made us all (there were about 10 of us) the most amazing breakfast, complete with my first taste of huckleberries!!

Hanging out at the marina
On Saturday I cleaned up the house and just took it easy.  On Sunday I decided to take the dogs out for a little hike.  On the way back we stopped at the Lake Koocanusa marina for a bite to eat (and a good view).  My plan had been to chill and maybe even do a little bit of work when I got home... but my friends called and they had two rafts and were going to go down the Kootenai River. That was too good to resist, so I dropped off the dogs and headed straight for the river! It was a great trip down the river with some great new friends.... a Sunday well spent!
A little precarious, but it wasn't far to the river
On the beautiful Kootenai River!!

No comments: