Monday, July 10, 2017

Izzy's Birthday!


Izzy’s 6th birthday was a blast! When asked what she would most like to do for her birthday she said she wanted to go camping at Bull Lake… so despite it being a Monday, camp at Bull Lake we did. Patrick and I worked for the morning while Mom and Dad went out and got all of the things for a little birthday celebration, and all the food we needed for camping. These accouterments included an ice cream cake from C&Cs ice cream in town that would never have made it to the lake. Given our car (and cake) limitations we decided to have the party at our house before heading out to go camping.
We opened presents, including two awesome floaty rings for the lake, a cooperative game called Out Foxed (that has now become almost a daily play in the house), a brownie outfit for Izzy’s doll (from her sister), and some calico kittens.  Mom also made Izzy a special birthday shirt, which has become a sacred item in her closet (very cute).
After cake and presents we packed up the car and headed out to the lake. I needed to be at work at the Supervisor’s Office in Libby the next day, so I was extra careful to pack clean and appropriate clothes. Lucky for me I am working in an environment this summer where I can get away with coming into work from camping the day before and “appropriate” clothes means hiking boots, jeans and a t-shirt. In my care to bring work clothes I forgot to bring any utensils… which made eating steak for dinner a definitely barbarian affair.

When we arrived the super sweet campground hosts (who, because it was a Monday night did not have too many guests to care for) came around and chatted with us. When they found out it was Izzy’s b-day they came back around with a smokey bear watch for her (and for Evie too) and a little puzzle. They also let us just grab some firewood because I didn’t have change when I paid for the camping fee. (A whopping $7.00, gotta love our public lands)

At the lake we met a nice family who took us all out on their speedboat. Evie even braved being tugged around the lake at high speeds on a raft. Mostly though the girls hung out in their tubes and played on the little beach, which was just below our campsite. 

Of course smores were had, and we lucked out and had yet another day of sunshine, so we even left the rain tarp off the tent and were all able to just stare up at the stars all night long. Against all odds, the family was even able to drop me off by 8:30 in town the next morning!
 

No comments: