On Saturday Evie and I went to a special Mars lander event/exhibit downtown, while Patrick stayed at home and "helped" Izzy nap. It was fun to go out to a nerdy science exhibit with just Evie so we could talk about the things she was seeing and she could spend 20 minutes dropping round objects into flour to make craters without the need to move on to keep it interesting for her little sister. (We both learned a lot about craters, we can age them for you and give you some stats on which one came first... oh and dropping a tennis ball from on high makes a wonderful mess with the flour. I also can now definitively tell you the difference between an asteroid, a meteor and and meteorite, something I always thought I knew, but by god now I know for sure).
Then Sunday I took both girls to the Children's Museum while Patrick went into work for a few hours (I think he decided he "had" to work when he heard me promise to take Evie there... while it may be Evie's favorite place in Tucson I must admit that neither of us are terribly big fans... it is always chaos and just about the loudest place I can think of... and it always seems to bring out the worst in children... buuuut Evie loves it soooo much so we swap out every 4 months or so taking her.... and it was $2 science Sunday so I figured we really couldn't go wrong)
This was Izzy's first time there as a mobile being and she enjoyed it quite a bit too. She spent most of her time on top of the "garden" (a cute little exhibit with three tiers of rows with spaces to put the fake veggies in) planting carrots in the rows and trying to figure out how she could get a peach wedged in the garden as well. Although I do think she too was a bit overwhelmed by all of the noise and disheartened by the children who would just take things from her and unabashedly push her out of the way (as a side note, I have decided one of the best ways to judge a kid is by how they treat the youngest of their kind....) Unfortunately I didn't think to bring along a camera for the second outing, so Izzy's first of I am sure what will be many forays into the children's museum world will have to remain in our memories alone. :)

1 comment:
Go Kelly!
Post a Comment