Monday, August 6, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten!

1st day of school picture by the front door.... remember Mom when you used to take these of Brendon and I?
How did we get to the point where Evie is at her first day of Kindergarten?  Is she really old enough for this?  I feel like it was just yesterday that I was feeling like she was "too" big because she was all of three and old enough to start at IST! 
Evie on her very first day at IST... so little and cute!
Well time keeps marching on and indeed today Genevieve began her formal school career.  I outfitted her with a new shirt and fancy new hippie (read not Disney) backpack and lunchbox and kind of brushed her hair (I offered, multiple times, to "do" her hair... she wisely refused) 

At 8:15 am Patrick, Izzy and I saw her off, and she was decidedly excited.  She is in the French class, taught by M. Drame and there are a whopping 8 kids in her class.  When asked about her first day she proclaimed that it was "wonderful, but Mommy you forgot my hat, sunscreen and art shirt"  (I was clearly so focused on the exciting new backpack that I neglected the details.)  After school today she went to her new "big kid" aka Kindergarten and 1st grade ballet class too so it was indeed an eventful day!

No comments: