Sunday, August 5, 2012
Investigator
There must be a word in the English language for someone who really enjoys figuring out how things go together. A person (in this case of the little persuasion) who is fascinated by how the tops of things match on certain object and not on others, how things of different sizes sometimes fit inside and sometimes don't. A matcher? A toppist? A space specialist? Well regardless Isadora is one of those people. She will sit for seemingly ridiculously long periods of time (i.e., 10 minutes, hey as a percent of her total life it is not insignificant) investigating the relationship between tops of objects and their bottoms. Yesterday I gave her an empty milk jug and she put the top on, took it off, checked out the inside, put the top on, took the top off, looked for water to put in it (she is always looking for a way to incorporate water into everything she does), got angry when I took away the dog water dish, put the top on.... well you get the idea. Now maybe this is a typical 1 year old behavior but I certainly don't remember Genevieve doing this. Well, at least I certainly wasn't as fascinated by Genevieve doing this. So important question (haha) is what sort of career does a Toppist have? Perhaps she'll be the one to finally design a top for a portable coffee mug that it is impossible for me to lose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment