Monday, August 29, 2011

Isadora's Party


 
A few weeks ago we decided that Isadora's arrival was a great excuse reason to have a big party with our friends... particularly those friends who don't generally get invited to four year old's birthday parties because they don't have a four (or any other year) old.  The party was concieved as a humble little gathering with margaritas and slip and slides in our back yard.  We invited just about everyone we know and when the yes guest list topped 60 we became concerned that we wouldn't have enough space for everyone in our house/backyard so of course early Saturday morning Patrick thought he'd look into a rentable, more substantial slip and slide...  I left it up to him and we ended up with this:


I can't even show you a picture of the whole thing because it was just that big and my yard that small by comparison.   Needless to say the 30 foot long, 15 feet wide and 15 feet tall slide was a big hit with all the party goers.  I am happy to report that there were no injuries and a good time was had by all.... including my brother and I.
Of course the honoree of the party did not get to experience the slide or the margaritas.  She did however get the chance to be held by at least a dozen eager visitors and cooed at by at least 3 dozen more.  I think we may just have found our "annual" party!

No comments: