I am afraid that my time to post is severely diminished of late. Every time I have a "free" moment I feel the overwhelming urge to try to get ahead on a reading or two for school or to sit and watch 30 Rock... one productive, one highly entertaining, but neither good for furthering the online story of the family. Well regardless here I am now at almost 9 pm on a Friday night, both girls are asleep (or mostly asleep... I hear Izzy making little noises in the other room) and Patrick is still at a conference (so no potential distraction via 30 Rock) and I have finally found the time to put up some pictures from last weekend.
Our long labor day weekend was pretty chill. Isadora went to her first football game last Saturday night and she was a champ. Evie did a great job of staying up late (it was a 7 pm game) and not straying too far from our assigned seats in the bleachers. We now have season tickets in the stands, and although I think we all missed the half time cookies from the skybox, overall it was a lot more fun to be out and amongst the crowd watching the game.
Izzy also made her first, albeit very brief, visit to the zoo. We pretty much went there, let Evie run around in the little splash park part of the zoo and then came home again because it was just too darn hot.
At some point in the weekend we went shopping for clothes and Patrick just "had" to buy a video game that he could "play" with Genevieve. (Really it was a matter of him wanting to play a video game and us not owning any that would be OK for a 4 year old to sit and watch) He chose a fancy new (?) Mario Brothers game and he and Evie had a lot of fun playing it "together" on Sunday night. At one point I was running around doing something (some chore I am sure) and set Izzy down in the baby chair thing near where they were playing. As I walked back into the room I realized how ridiculous that looked and just had to take a picture....


No comments:
Post a Comment