Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ohh Groupon


About a month ago I finally jumped on the cool-kid bandwagon and signed up for groupon. Up to this point my purchases have been pretty practical, movie punch card for Casa Video and a family membership to the Desert Sonoran Museum. Last week I made a decidedly impractical purchase, a coupon for Build a Bear. This purchase was motivated as much by my own curiosity as a desire to provide my child with another stuffed animal. So on Sunday we printed the coupon (Evie carried in her purse) and headed off to the mall for a bear-building extravaganza. I must admit it was pretty fun. Evie got to pick a bear, put a heart in her, give her a giggle sound and then press the peddle to fill her with fuzz. Once fuzzed she took her bear, now named Suzianna, to the wash station and then, and this was clearly the best part, to pick out an outfit. No great surprise, we now have a Cinderella (complete with glass slippers) bear residing in our house. We then filled out the birth certificate, put Suzianna in her box and headed home. On the way out to the car we were talking about how Evie just made a bear all by herself and she commented "Wow, Mommy that makes me like god."

1 comment:

Brendon said...

I have to ask:
Do you think this was an expression of appreciation or a comparison? ;)