Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Digits

One of the first things I remember from after Evie was born, upon discovering that our baby was a girl, was a totally sleep deprived and deliriously happy Patrick commenting in his best Texan voice, "Well I guess I'd better get a gun." I remember chuckling to myself, too tried from the whole birth thing to protest.

Well a firearm has yet to be acquired (and its OK Gerry, no Christmas gifts required :) but the boys are already knocking. Yesterday when I picked Evie up from school she ran up to give me a big hug, and then before we could leave rushed back to the table and grabbed a little piece of paper. The teacher told me that a little boy named Michael at her school had torn a piece of paper out of his notebook and then came running up to her for a pen. On this little slip of paper he wrote out "his number", gave it to Evie and told her to call him. Apparently (I learned this from Evie on the way back home) the two of them hit it off because he has a boy bear that matches her girl bear and they need to arrange a marriage between the two bears. Oh my.

No comments: