Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Evie at 2.5

Name: GenevieveMarieLacroix (this is what she says if you ask her what her name is... it comes out as one big blur and always causes a quizzical look from the questioner)
Age: 2 and 1/2 (although if you ask her how old she is she will say 2 months)
Favorite color: Green
Favorite toy: Lego duplos
Lovey: Blankie Sweater (this is any of three sweaters she has acquired over the past six months)
Favorite activities: Dancing and preforming of any kind and playing in water (especially if it involves the bathroom sink)
Favorite pet: Oliver (or Ollie-olle-O as she calls him. This is the cat Oliver not to be confused with the two new chickens also named Oliver)
When asked what her favorite song was: "Songs about kitties - Kitties all around the world come here to my house" (This isn't one I've heard before but when she sang it I must admit it was pretty catchy) She later told me her favorite song was Alloutte.
Favorite thing to wear: Skirts, especially those that spin nicely
Favorite foods: pasta, blueberries and pita
Favorite books: One Kitten for Kim, Madeline (all of them) and Clifford (all of them)
What does she want to be when she grows up: "A horse... eeheeheehee"
Vices: Chewing on things (like blankie sweater, ribbons and really anything made of cloth), staying up past 8 pm and ice cream.
Nighttime routine: Three (or so) books in Mom and Dad's bed, teeth brushing, one more story (of the fairy tale sort) told in her bed when she is all tucked in and then Mary Poppins lullabies with a round of mbube thrown in for good measure. (These stay on repeat for about 15 minutes hour after she goes to bed, I just checked the play count on them...777 times)
Overheard:
Kelly-Evie close your eyes and go to sleep. Evie-Mommy I can't close my eyes because then I won't be able to see.
With regard to the moon behind the clouds: "Mommy, maybe the moon is playing peek-a-boo?"
When told she cannot jump on the bed after dinner (this is in an often futile atempt to get her to calm down before bed) "But, Daddy, I need exercise!"

No comments: