Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Changing and not changing


Some things in the Lacroix world changed over this past weekend: we bought a new car, so long little red Jeep (or as Evie calls it Jeepie)...hello new Forester, we picked up two new chickens, Evie has named them both Oliver (does anyone see a trend here?) and Evie and I turned under our summer garden to plant a fall/winter one.

The not so changing? Evie has an amazing crocheted dress that Oma made for her first Easter, and for the past week we have not been able to get her to take it off. The exception being for school, where she bought some bogus excuse about school being too dirty for the dress. This, as you can see, is silly given that these pictures show that I then I let her garden in it on Saturday. (Sorry Monique! But it has come totally clean in the laundry...) She is so in love with this dress that this past week not only is she wearing it every day when I get home from work but she has gone to a birthday party in it, slept in it, gone out shopping in it, out for breakfast in it and, of course, helped me with the garden in it. (What you don't see in the pictures are the sparkly pink shoes she also insisted on wearing while gardening... sigh... at least she likes the dirt!) Now don't get me wrong the dress is awesome (in fact a little too awesome for all this abuse) but it is now ohh about 2 sizes to small for her so it just barely covers her tushie.... almost indecent. I think I have the solution though. I am getting ready to go out and by seat covers for our new car (so that it stays looking new for at least a little while) and while I am there I am going to invest in a few pairs of nice, thick tights for her as well :)

No comments: