Friday, October 30, 2009

Lots to report


Well I haven't had a chance to post in a few weeks. It has been a pretty fabulous few weeks though! Two weekends ago Patrick, Evie, my Dad and I all went to the Blues Festival in Reid Park. Evie and Patrick really cut a rug on the little dance floor in front of the stage! Then afterward Evie went on a makeshift train ride... nothing quite like an entrepreneur. (It made Patrick a bit nervous so he felt the need to pretty much follow the train around the playground)




Then last weekend I went to Chicago and then Madison for my friend Lara's wedding (no pictures though, I couldn't find my lens cap so I didn't bring my camera). Evie was a little sad to see me go so I cheered her up with a cowgirl shirt... she then proceeded to snag my hat that I was going to wear and it all turned out too cute to not take a picture. While I was gone Patrick and Evie had a blast and did all sorts of things like a football game, a second trip to valley of the moon (a funky little Tucson thing), the zoo and more than one outing for bagels. I missed them all weekend but I think they had more fun without me :)


This week I took another day off because my good friend Dorigen was in town for a conference and decided to stay an extra day to hang with the Lacroix household. In the morning I took her to a few of my favorite spots and then in the afternoon Evie took her to her favorite spot (the large playground at Reid Park). Evie absolutely loved Dorigen and has not stopped talking about her since we left... she is trying to get us to commit to a trip to DC just so she can see her again.

Of course the most exciting event of the month is looming this weekend... I'm bringing my camera for that, lens cap or no!

No comments: