The Mott Lacroix family has a new member! His name is Itty Bitty Oliver... or just Ollie for short. He is a 2 month(ish) old kitten that I adopted from my coworker who has a reputation in a certain Phoenix neighborhood as the taker-in of your sick, your weary, your abandoned cat(s). At the tender age of a month (or so) he was led to her house by another stray that she had named Itty Bitty, thus Oliver's first name was Itty Bitty's Buddy. When she found little Oliver he had an abscess and chapped paws from living on the (hot!) mean streets of Phoenix in July. She diligently nursed him back to health and then sent out a call to kitty arms for a new family for him (She currently cares for six cats of her own and at least 10 strays...)
I (somehow) convinced Patrick that Itty Bitty's Buddy was just the kitten for us and so two weeks ago now I went up to Phoenix for work and came home with our new kitten. Evie was so excited at the idea of a kitty we decided to let her name him. Her first choice was Olivia, but once we explained to her that the kitty was a boy, and that she might give him a complex, she settled on Oliver.
Oliver was pretty shy at first but has really come out of his shell the past few days and is darting around all super cute and kitten-like. I forgot how much fun it can be to have a kitten... well fun and painful... I am nursing some pretty awesome scratches all over my toes where I was ambushed last night....
No comments:
Post a Comment