Thursday, August 20, 2009

You know your a parent....


If the words “mommy I went poopy in the potty” cause you to gasp with joy and make a mad dash to the toilet. Yes folks the much anticipated moment has come… Evie last week placed a poo in the potty. For months this has been a real hang up of hers, pee pee has not been too much of an obstacle but by god if pooping the potty just wasn’t her thing. In an effort to entice her to relieve herself on the toilet we promised the most precious thing we could think of as a reward…. A princess card that sings.

Now I had not only promised her said card but also that she could pick out the card… soo we all (Patrick and I still feeling pretty darn ill, especially poor Patrick) piled into the Jeep and drove to Target, my assumed mecca for singing princess cards. I am sorry to say that Target’s supply of singing princess cards was pathetic at best (I have since realized that the place for such sundries is Walgreens.. word... now you know) We ended up with a fabulous card nonetheless. It was a birthday card for a five year old and involved a large princess on the front and a make it yourself crown. Evie also got to pick out some new undies. She (wisely) chose the tinkerbell variety. Ahh the celebrations I never could have imagined I had Evie….

No comments: