Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mud Puddle Party!


Today was the annual Tucson Mud Monster Party. This is our first time attending and man it was a hoot! Basically it transforms a large corner of Reid Park into a series of mud pits and obstacle courses. It is a very popular thing to do on a very hot Saturday morning, so we had to wait in line a bit but it was definitely worth it.


Evie tried out a number of the activities. First she played in the toddler puddles. (In fact she probably would have stayed there all morning if we hadn't convinced her that there was something even more fun to do) Next Evie tried her hand at a mud table with lots of mud and cups and shovels to help you build the world's best mud pie. Then Patrick and Evie went in the pig sty and got really, truly muddy. At the other end of the mud pit was a mud art ramada that the kids could use to take their newly dirtied bodies and paint with them. Finally, there was the Tucson Fire truck hosing everyone down, that part was a bit too scary for Evie.


We didn't stay for too long after the pig sty because I quickly realized I had committed a rookie error... I forgot to bring an extra diaper, let alone a change in clothes. Poor Evie's diaper was so wet and her jeans so heavy that she couldn't keep her pants up and ended up having to make her way back to the car bare-bottomed. I ended up being the official photographer of the event and didn't get more than just a casual mudding, I must admit I was a bit jealous of Patrick and Evie's grime. I think next year the camera will stay at home so that we all can go full force into the filth :)

No comments: