
So every year Patrick's work has a little shindig complete with an appearance by Santa... who arrives on his Harley. Now I have always known somewhere in my heart of hearts that the whole joy of Christmas (Santa included) is one of the reasons I wanted kids... let me just tell ya today's encounter with the big red suited guy just confirmed all my suspicions.

I went down to Patrick's office around 4 pm and Nicole and Riley came too. We hung out for a bit eating the good food when a bunch of the older kids decided they needed to wait outside for Santa. Evie, Riley, Nicole, Patrick and I decided to join them. About 2 minutes later we heard the roar of a motorcycle and the kids went nuts... then up pulls Santa, blaring Feliz Navidad on his stereo and complete with a toy sack on his Hog.
He then goes inside and proceeds to pass out the goodies... taking each kid on his lap and helping them unwrap their present. Now Evie wasn't scared of him per se but she still wasn't keen to sit on his lap at first. He gave both girls fancy toy riding horses (a pretty dangerous gift in a place with glass tables... Santa...) As he passed out the other gifts Evie got used to him and then finally after about 20 minutes decided it was OK to sit on his lap for a (brief) photo op. Then after all the presents were passed out and the pictures were taken, Santa hopped back on his ride, pumped up the tunes and rode off to a gaggle of kids jumping and waving... I swear it almost brought a tear to my eye...Partially because it was touching and partially because it was the most ridiculous, awesome event I have witnessed in a long time...
No comments:
Post a Comment