Last weekend I finally made good on my promise to Gen to take her down to the National Geographic museum (and redeem our year membership that was a gift from my WRRC colleagues). We had a lot of fun looking at the photos and watching a 3-d movie about Pandas (I actually didn't take any photos though of the trip...)
 |
| Giant flower made of paper that moved. |
Then this Friday the girls had the day off school and I had the day
off work for the inauguration AND we had friends in town. Knowing we
couldn't (didn't want to rather) spend time in DC, we headed the other
direction and went up to Baltimore to the American Visionary Art
Museum.
Last time I was there was almost a decade ago (with Evie in a baby carrier) and it was just as cool as last time.
 |
| Exhibit of art all made out of bread |
 |
| More from the bread exhibit |
 |
| Exhibit on the power of OCD |
It was particularly fun because it was an art museum that the kids could enjoy because it is so out there and, quite honestly, weird... but in a fabulous way. After the museum we had lunch on the harbor and headed back home. It really is very fun being between the two cities (Baltimore and DC) and thus able to experience both in one weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment