Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Basketball Player!

Just before we left for Christmas break Genevieve joined a basketball team. She has been very excited about it, practicing her dribbling and asking to go to the optional extra practices. It is really cool to see her so excited about it! I think it also helps tremendously that she has an amazing coach, who clearly loves teaching girls how to play (well it would have to be a love, given that I am pretty sure it is a totally voluntary job)
This past weekend her team, the Dribblin' Divas, had their first game.  I am pretty sure it was also the first ever game for at least half of her team.  The other team, on the other hand, were not only a good head taller than 90% of Evie's team, they were also ridiculously good.  With just four girls, who certainly were all 5th graders, compared to Evie's all 4th grade team, the opponents trounced the Divas 56 to 0.  The team did play really well for a bunch of newbies though and I just hope that this loss doesn't dampen Evie's basketball spirits!

No comments: