Sunday, October 18, 2015

Birthdays and other fun adventures


October seems to be a popular month for Evie and Izzy's friends to be born.  Uncharacteristically for us, we have had a birthday party to go to for almost every weekend during this month.  The weekend before last it was a jumping castle in the park extravaganza and then this weekend we had a pool party, where they rented the entire public pool, which included a 10 foot high dive.  If only I had thought to take pictures of Evie bravely plummeting off it time after time or Patrick and Anna (but not at the same time) following suit.  I think indicates the end of swimming season though because the water was quite cold!

We also have been continuing our sporadic attempts at French cooking.  The latest desert actually turned out pretty well!
Last week was fall break for the girls, so Monday we all took the day off and planted some roses in the yard.  Tuesday the girls hung out with my Mom and Wednesday they went to work with me for the morning.  I wanted to take them out for lunch at Eegees as a treat before I left for Flagstaff for a meeting, but also needed to get a tire fixed.  Naivly I thought it would only take a 1/2 hour or so, which would leave plenty of time for lunch.  It turns out the tire ordeal was a 2-hour affair, but fear not Eeggees was still had... via bus. And as it turns out the convinced Patrick to get them Eegees on Thursday and Mina on Friday... so the theme of break was colored ice drinks and sandwiches.
 
Other (weekend) adventures included a park and pancake performance by Evie.  I don't know why but Evie singing always gets me a little teary...

No comments: