Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Goals of 2014



Instead of making new year's resolutions for 2014 I decided I would set 3 goals...  The first was to complete a sprint triathlon.  Although I did not train nearly as much as I probably should of I am happy to reveal that I have managed to at least knock one goal off my 2014 list!  Perhaps even more exciting than the triathlon itself was the chance to travel back to Florida again for the long weekend.  Patrick and I went sans kiddos and reveled in those things that people without kids just take for granted....  we spent over an hour just looking out of the window on the plane, we ate dinner for almost 3 (!) hours, we watched whatever (bad) television we wanted, participated in an hour-long tour of the Dali museum, and just wandered around with no real agenda for an entire afternoon at the beach.  OK the last one we totally could/would do with children so perhaps it should be rephrased as we wandered around for an entire afternoon at the beach with NO snacks.  A big thanks are due to my brother-in-law who requested our presence at the triathlon for his 40th birthday!

No comments: