Last weekend we spent her birthday recovering from our 11 hour drive home from Texas. This "recovery" involved building the climbing dome that we gave her for her birthday and a my little pony scavenger hunt in order to get her present from me, a perfect example of how scarcity begets ingenuity. I decided to put together the scavenger hunt because I didn't have any wrapping paper.... Finally, we ended the day with a birthday dinner (and presents!) at my folks house.
Then this weekend she had three of her school friends over for a sleep over. This year's sleep over was much easier than last years, the girls even got to all stay in the same room and sleep together. They managed to make it into the pool twice (hooray for pool covers that make the pool 80 degrees already), watch Frozen (the seemingly favorite movie of all young girls) and do an egg hunt in the wash this morning. We even saw one of the most spectacular sunsets I have ever seen.
Evie, ever the shiny personality, proclaimed that it was the best weekend ever... and it is only Saturday!




No comments:
Post a Comment