Saturday, July 21, 2012

No chickens in the tutu

I am afraid the "sibling honeymoon" has come to an end.  Yes we had an entire year of relative sibling harmony in the house, and we count ourselves lucky.  Now that Izzy is mobile and opinionated (in other words wants what she wants darn it and has legs that can get her there) the honeymoon is over and the conflict has begun.  In an attempt to balance Izzy's desire to be everywhere her sister is with Evie's desire to play and not be disturbed by her baby sister with the need for Evie to learn to share her stuff and space with Izzy we have made a new "rule"  Once a day Genevieve can say the secret code phrase and Izzy has to be removed from her room.  This code can only apply to her playing alone in her room and only once a day.  We let her come up with the key phrase and she decided on "No chickens in the tutu."  Don't ask... I have no idea what that means or where it comes from.  Of course Izzy's response to the code word, or really being extracted from Evie's room, is loud protest but this way she only protests (for this reason) once a day. 

Although the negotiating for toys, attention, and time to talk (well in Izzys case babble or scream) has become part of our days now there are still plenty of sweet sisterly moments.  Like this one this morning...  I was trying to film Izzy walking (yes Izzy is walking!) and Evie got upset and wanted a video of her.  I told her once I was done with Isadora I would take a video of her.  Once she got going with it she decided she wanted Izzy to be a part of her show....


No comments: