Last week Genevieve went to perhaps the best camp ever.... Mina and Papa
camp up in the woods. She spent the week doing craft projects like
painting bird houses and making stepping stones and outdoor activities
like canoeing, swimming in the river, making mud castles and swinging on
a bag swing that my dad made for her. Izzy, Patrick and I were pretty jealous of her camp time so on Thursday
night after work the three desert bound Lacroixs hopped in the car and
drove up to meet Evie. We then got to spend three days together
enjoying the cabin: afternoon rains, "pets", scrabble games and canoeing on the
beaver pond.
 |
| Geneveive's temporary pet, a horn toad, and what was supposed to be lunch for him... a hissing beetle. |
On our canoe trip (Izzy stayed with Mina and took a nap for that one) a
beaver swam right under the canoe in just 2 foot deep water, very cool.
We even managed to get Kita to canoe with us, instead of swimming
around and under the canoe, for a bit.
On Saturday we celebrated Izzy's 1st birthday a little
early with a few presents and a carrot cake. I made the exact same cake
for Isadora that I made for Evie's first birthday. This time though I
had to cook it in a tiny convection oven and the frosting wasn't
"crunchy" like Evie's was (I ran out of powdered sugar and substituted
regular sugar for Eve's cake)
The cake was enjoyed by the birthday girl... who I still think bears a striking resemblance to her sister....

No comments:
Post a Comment