Today, at 9:40 pm to be exact, Isadora turns 1 year old. It has been a remarkable year for her and for the rest of the Lacroixs. It was decidedly a challenging year for us all, but by god if it did not have its shimmery shiny moments that I would not trade for the world! I think it took me almost a whole year to get used to the fact that I have two amazing kids, and now I cannot imagine our world any other way. So here is the first ever, now to be annual, "interview" with Isadora:
Favorite book(s): Les Couleurs (but only when read by Patrick), Where is Baby? and Snuggle Puppy. She has started grabbing books, and these in particular, bringing them to us and then opening our hand and putting them in our hand.
Favorite Food(s): shredded cheese, seaweed (because it has the consistency of paper, her real favorite food) and pasta (or at least she likes to feed pasta to the dog)
Favorite color: Brown (because everything I put on her becomes that color, I finally bought a cute brown shirt for her last week, I think she will be wearing it every day until she grows out of it.... OK well maybe I'd better wash it every now and again so maybe not every day)
Favorite activities: dancing to music. banging objects together and following around Genevieve around... oh and laughing she loooves to laugh.
Favorite element: water... duh she is a Cancer baby.
Favorite (well really only) words: Dada, Mama (yes unlike Evie she says Mama at one year), dooo (aka dog), uh-oh, and yum yum (usually in reaction to food)
Best Baby Tricks: applauding for herself when she puts something in a container or when you say "Bravo!" and dancing when you say baila, Izzy, baila.

No comments:
Post a Comment