Sunday, April 1, 2012

International Day 2012



Last weekend was our third year hosting a Belgium booth for IST's International Day.  Year one I learned not to make my waffles on the fly (it was such a disaster I even lost a waffle maker to the event), year two I learned that it was not necessary to make 100 waffles (people liked them but not that much) and this year I learned that if I want to make huge bucks on my Guess the Belgian "Thing" game I needed to use the chance to win a whole chocolate bar as an incentive and use Patrick and my barker. 

I also learned that the only place in town to get Belgian chocolate is Trader Joe's... what is up with that?  Oh well, at least it was cheap.  It was Izzy's first International Day and she did a good job of helping us man the booth (and sleep, she slept through at least 1/2 of the ordeal).  I also learned that key to big sales in waffles is to have whipped cream on hand... however two things of it was overkill.  We still have whipped cream in the fridge, which I predict will still be there at this time next year ;P

No comments: