Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Birthday weekend!

Genevieve had quite the 5th birthday experience.  Friday, her actual birthday the whole family was home and we started the day with waffles and presents.  Patrick got her a new ballet outfit and a much loved "diamond" ballerina necklace and I got her a dress up fairy costume with a matching doll and book about fairies.  We spend a good part of the day getting ready for Mimi to come to town and the big party.  That night we had dinner, cake and more presents that night at my parent's house.

Presents at Mina and Papas (the dress is her fairy dress from me... she wore it all day the next day too)
Although not mentioned much here... Izzy did enjoy the festivities as well.
Saturday I took her to ballet and by the time she had her tap shoes on Mimi was there with Patrick (and Izzy).  We went out to a french brunch (where I was the recipient of a mimosa spillage incident... mmmm nothing quite like champagne and oj in your hair) and then later in the afternoon Patrick took the girls and his mom to the Pascua Yaqui Easter celebration and then San Xavier del Bac.  

Yesterday was the big party day and included a jumping castle, 12 friends and a big Easter egg hunt.  Izzy tried her hand at both the castle and using a push toy... both were achieved with marginal success.


Looking for eggs.... Evie just went out back to look for more.... she is convinced that some were missed.

I tried my hand at making a fabulous bunny cake but failed miserably so I did an emergency trip to whole foods and managed to get a much more attractive cake.... somewhere deep inside me is a pastry maker just waiting to come out, I just know it....

Failed attempt at bunny cake and cupcakes  (what talent to be able to mess both of them up!)

This is what I strive for... sigh
Anyway, we were all exhausted so we thought we'd go out for sushi too :)  Whew all in all it was a great but tiring weekend!!

No comments: