The other major difference has to do with dealing with a second pregnancy while parenting your previous one (aka the first born). For the most part Evie is delightfully helpful and understanding but there have certainly been some adjustments and fewer "peaceful" pregnancy moments thus far. The best example is yoga. Just this week I have started to feel better and have decided it was time to get my act together and start doing yoga again. When I was pregnant with Evie I did yoga just about every day at home and went to a class at least once a week. My home practice was this wonderful calming experience, quiet and generally involved nice smelling candles and the like. My yoga practice this week looked something like this:
In case you cannot discern what that is... that is my yoga mat in my office with all the couch pillows piled around it and numerous dolls thrown into the mix. I suggested to Evie that I was going to take a few minutes to do some yoga and she enthusiastically requested to join me. For some reason in her mind the best venue for this exercise was my all too small office and I didn't think it would be too crowded. Little did I know that her version of yoga involved a multitude of pillows and dive-bombing onto those pillows with my yoga mat as the launch pad. So there we were, me trying to do downward facing dog and Evie belly flopping onto her pillows... ahhh peace and serenity. Now I recognize that if I want peace it really needs to be between the hours of 8 pm and 6 am but the problem is I want to be sleeping then too. Oh well, even though it wasn't the most serene yoga experience it did leave my heart feeling light and happy because I was able to stretch, and quite frankly Evie is such a cutup that I laughed more during that 20 minutes of yoga then I did for the whole of the day leading up to it.
2 comments:
I think a playdate is in order. Drop Evie off at ours some point and go to yoga. Not right now, I'm all sniffly and raspy, but soon.
You are totally on. I think a playdate is in order for more reasons than the yoga but I'll take you up on it. I hope you feel better!
Post a Comment