Thursday, January 20, 2011

Holiday

Monday was a holiday for Patrick and I but not for Evie. We took advantage of it to spend the day on a date (of sorts.. parts were decidedly practical and un-date-like) It was a lot of fun but it made us both realize just how much we genuinely enjoy having Evie around too. Certain elements were more fun, breakfast out and the trip to Home Depot to exchange an electric dryer for a gas one (yes we have lived here for 3 years and didn't realize we have a gas dryer until we had already bought an electric one and brought it home). The real highlight of the day was something that would have been just as fun, if not more so with Evie. In the afternoon we took a 6 mile hike in Sabino Canyon. Patrick and I took the tram to the end and then hiked back along a lovely trail along the side of the canyon back to the visitor center. It was pretty far up along the side of the mountain so the hike itself was probably best done without her but during the afternoon out she was certainly missed. I remembered at about this point in my pregnancy with Evie taking a hike on Mt. Lemmon so I thought I'd have Patrick take a picture of me on this hike... I do think though that the belly at this point still just looks like I had too much for lunch...or maybe just too much to eat over the holidays :)

No comments: