Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What do you do on a hot day?


Ahh the most important question in July... What on earth do you for fun when it is over 100 degrees outside and your house is humid as all heck and not terribly cool because the swamp cooler isn't working very well anymore as a result of the monsoon that just will not produce any visible precipitation? Well unless we want to spend the whole weekend at the pool or the mall; the answer is not much... but just laying around doesn't go over very well with a three-year old, so I decided this weekend to build her a fort. (Hearkening back to what I did as a kid during the summer.) She had a ton of fun with it and it was such a hit that we left it up until today. Hopefully it will start raining soon and we can add puddle jumping to our repertoire.

Now, if only I could figure out an equally pleasant way to survive during the workday at home...I am thinking about resorting to working in my bathing suit. I would still be getting out of my pajamas every day right?

No comments: