
We spent a fabulous long 4th of July weekend up at the cabin with my folks. We didn't see any fireworks, except for the poppers that I brought up from Tucson, but we did manage to see a pretty awesome little parade in Alpine on July 3rd. Evie was pretty impressed by it too, especially the candy throwing part. (Gotta love people throwing candy out to children, who then proceed to run into the road in front of moving, albeit slowly, vehicles to fetch it)
Aside from the parade we mostly stuck around home, with an all important trip down to the stream every afternoon for wading and exploring. Evie discovered that she is a bit intimidated by large fish (thankfully, for her, there are not too many of those in the Blue) but that overall stream walking is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. One very notable event of the trip was that we actually managed to get Evie in pants! (As we were leaving Friday morning she walked up to me with about 6 dresses, still on their hangers, in her arms and informed me that I needed to pack them for the trip... she burned through those six dresses in the first day and a half)

On the way home yesterday we stopped at the catwalk hike in New Mexico. Evie hiked almost the whole mile in and out. We made it as far as the waterfall/swimming hole and because it was over 90 degrees decided to go for a dip. The water was utterly frigid, around 50 degrees I would guess, but in a you only live once moment I (queen of the its-too-cold-no-way-in-hell swimming) decided to almost get under the water
fall.

I also spent some quality time with my favorite flowers, which only really bloom for a few weeks in July, the monument plant. This is one of the better (of scads) of shots I captured.
1 comment:
I just noticed that you have several ants and an assassin bug (maybe?) hiding in this flower pic. That's pretty neat.
Also, the living room looks pretty awesome. I look forward to seeing it in person.
Post a Comment