
The most prominent new skill of Miss Evie these past few days has been the all mighty and ever shoulder-wetting raspberry. Laugh if you will but this new skill is a big deal to her and she is ever so excited to practice it day and night. The only problem with raspberry fun is that the byproduct is an excessive amount of drool and Genevieve has absolutely no consideration for anyone when it comes to drool. She will happily place it on your shoulder, nose, arm or any other part that should enter into the drool green zone, i.e., within two feet of her head. The most impressive part of the raspberry drool phenomenon are the bubbles…. I had no idea one could make such large bubbles using spit alone! I must admit that part of the reason for my delay in posting was my quest for a “bubble photo” Fortunately Patrick was happy to provide me with a raspberry demo but then in the end I am happy to report I actually got one ☺
In other news I took Evie swimming for the first time last weekend. She really wasn’t a fan at first but warmed up to it OK by the end. The whole floating thing was just a little too creepy for her at first. It was pretty funny, I would let her stand on the bottom of the kiddy pool and then gradually bring her legs out from underneath her and the more she floated the farther out her lower lip went, not to the point of cry but it was definitely displeasure. Well regardless we will have to go again because darn if she didn’t look cute in her swimsuit. (We also will have to go again because being the dodo I am brought my camera but not the data card… hey man I am a new mom I can’t expect to remember it all!)
No comments:
Post a Comment