Monday, June 11, 2007

Cover girl...



What an eventful week! Saturday June 2 in the morning Evie got to meet her Great Aunt Lisa and Great Uncle Bob and second cousins Jessie, Becky and Missy as well as their goats…. Then that afternoon she met her Grandma Monique and Grandpa Gerard. They drove out from Texas to drop off Monique who will play the role of super sitter for the next 6 weeks while I go back to work and Patrick studies for the bar. We spent the weekend hanging out and playing with the baby…

Then on Monday the big day for me came, I went (or in the end tried to) go back to work. I got everything all prepared the night before… being the goober that I am I even made a list so I would not forget anything because really there is sooo much to consider, clothes, wallet, snack, breast pump, towel, because disaster would strike if I forgot anything god knows ☺ and woke up bright and early fed the baby, fed myself and got out the door by 7:40 am I was so proud of myself ☺ I get to work a ready to be as I was pre-baby only to find my computer is totally messed up, all sorts of problems such that I can barely work on it. I do my darndest for a few hours and then take it as a sign that I should just go and work from home as a way to ease the transition for both Evie and I. It turned out to be a stroke of good luck because Evie was having a bit of a rough day on account of the fact she wasn’t 100% used to the rapid eats that she can get from the bottle (baby tummie bubbles are no good I tell ya).

After a bit of a bumpy road on Monday the rest of the week went pretty well. Wednesday Monique and I took her in for her 2 month appointment (which included some shots… not the best way to achieve baby happiness). My mom was looking for some good baby at the doctor’s office pictures to put on the cover of the journal she edits so of course I jumped at the opportunity to potentially have a cover girl for a daughter ☺ Man taking good pictures of babies is harder that I ever imagined!! Well hopefully one or two will be good enough for us to call our babe a model, I’ll keep ya posted on that one.

So here are her current stats: she weighs 11 lbs on the nose and is 22.5 inches long. I can’t believe she has gained over 3 pounds in just two months…. I guess they really do grow up fast ;)

No comments: