Sunday, May 10, 2015

Ladybug Chorus

Picture from Evie's choir, a view from backstage, Evie is in the front row, three girls over.
Last night Genevieve had her first ever Tucson Girl's Chorus concert.  It was held downtown at the historic Temple of Music and Art and was (if I do say so myself) fabulous!  This year Evie is in the youngest preforming choir, the Ladybugs.  The preformed three songs alone and an additional 4 songs with the entire set of 7 choirs.  The cutest was their rendition of There's no business like show business, complete with choreography and the most moving was a very pretty (and complex for a bunch of 8 and 9 year olds) This is why we sing.  Dad... you would have particularly enjoyed the full choir rendition of the Beach Boys Fun, Fun, Fun :)
All choirs (although you can only see about 3/4 of the girls) singing Fun, fun, fun.  Evie is in the front row just left of the mic.
What was perhaps most exciting for me was watching Evie up on stage for the first time wholly engaged and involved in what she was doing.  Patrick says he could even hear her singing (I didn't notice this per se, but then I have a cold so that is my excuse).  A few nights before the preformance she was practicing and it literally brought tears to my eyes, both because her signing was so beautiful and to think a child of mine could possible sing :)
After the performance
Getting to the point of performance required a blocking rehearsal Friday and then an additional extra 3 hours on Saturday.  While Evie rehersed I took Izzy across the street to the Tucson Children's Museum (which of course Evie did not like the idea of her having to work while Izzy and I had fun) and then out to ice cream.  I think Izzy really enjoyed being in charge for a few hours and had a lot of fun leading me around the museum.
After the performance we all walked around through the music and people of 2nd Saturdays Downtown to the Hub to get (of course) bubble gum ice cream. Although we were out late (for the kids) until 10:30 this morning no one slept in... I guess I'd better stop blogging then and eat dinner (which Patrick is making) and get everyone to bed so it won't be (more than usual) chaos next week!

No comments: