Sunday, May 3, 2015

Homebodies

After multiple weekends away we have been sticking pretty close to home these past few weeks...  excitement has included Patrick dismantling the scooter, me cleaning the carpets, and Evie and I finding a treadmill on the side of the road (and it works!).  While not as exciting as road trips we have still had our highlights (and low lights).   A low light, which is becoming more of a high light the further from it I go, was Izzy's freakout (tantrum?) last weekend while I was cleaning the carpets....  I had pushed together our couches and suggested that I could build the girls a cool fort to play in while I cleaned the room.  Izzy liked the idea of a fort, but as it turns out this idea of hers was not realizable.  She got very upset when I suggested I would go get sheets for it, started crying and told me "You do not know how to build a real fort."  I asked her what a real fort might look like and she told me "I DON'T KNOW!"  Tough sitation for her, wanting a perfect fort but unable to create it.  As I tried to talk her off of the fort-building ledge she became even more angry and informed me: "You don't know how to build a real fort, all you can build are things that are flimsy flamsy." Trying not to laugh I suggested she take a break from the idea of forts.  About 1/2 hour later I suggested to her that instead I turn the two couches into a boat... this she accepted and both girls played (and watched cartoons) in the boat, not exactly happily ever after, but at least I was able to finish cleaning and not (gasp) have to pay an extra $40 for another day of the cleaner :)
A highlight this weekend was picking a whole bowlful of peaches from Evie's peach tree!  And perhaps even more exciting for the girls, spending their first Saturday afternoon in the pool.  It was, of course, still too cold for me, but they had fun. It was even so hot that today Izzy and I went down to the neighborhood splash park (again a bit to cold for me) but Izzy had fun!



Although it wasn't on a weekend, I actually spent most of last week in Portland... so I guess I am not a complete homebody

No comments: