Saturday, January 17, 2015

Ph(D)inished!


This weekend there is cause to celebrate!  It is my first weekend in 4.5 years where I have had not one single thing to think/worry about for my Ph.D.!  It is such a relief.  Patrick and I kicked the weekend off with a silly 5k run where they threw colored corn starch at you.  Luckily for me he was very patient, my running (and physical fitness in general) has definitely fallen off these past four months.  Even despite all my quick walking though we managed to finish in about 33 minutes, which sets a good baseline for improvement for this year.

During their last week of break they got to spend time with my Mom and Patrick. Patrick, among other adventures, took them to the Air and Space Museum... I think they had a good time :)
In other news the girls started back at school this week.  It was a mercifully smooth transition.  I think they are both happy to be back with their friends, although I know Evie is not too happy to be back to homework.  This morning, while we were at the dash, my Mom graciously took Evie over for an audition with the Tucson Girls Chorus.  Evie is super excited to start singing with them next week as a "ladybug". It is a neat thing for me because this is the first time she has really asked to do an activity (as opposed to Patrick or I suggesting and her acquiescing). After the choir audition we all hung out outside for the entire afternoon, sometimes it is just wonderful to be in Tucson in January!


No comments: