Saturday, March 8, 2014

Poor blog...

Poor blog has gone neglected for 2 months!  Well of course this is bound to happen when the computer you blog on is usurped (not to mention your free time) by a very exciting event in the Lacroix household!  In mid-January Patrick made the decision to start his own law practice and by February 1 he was out and doing it!  While very exciting for all of us, it does mean that my official duties as webmaster, graphic designer and accountant took up most of the time I would have otherwise used to keep this blog up to date.  I'll do a little recap here and then make a point to steal the computer away from him at least once a week or so!
 Last weekend I took the girls to the Botanical Gardens.  The main reason was to see the butterfly house.  Evie loved going into the greenhouse with the butterflies but Izzy got so scared that I think my left ear is still just a little bit harmed.  Poor thing screamed so loud and was so terrified I had to rush her right back out of there! Later on she said she wanted a butterfly toy and we (mostly Evie) convinced her to go back into the exhibit and try it in exchange for a toy.  Went back in she did, but I had to hold her the whole time and she clung to me as if I were taking her into a lion's cage not a butterfly exhibit....


During Rodeo Break at the end of February Evie got to spend two days at Zoo camp.  I think her little sister was a bit jealous, but at least Izzy got to go play at the park each day when we picked Evie up!
Mt. Graham with snow, outside of the barn where I held a workshop in Safford.
View to the Town of Jerome from Clarkdale, outside of the Town Hall where I held another (different) workshop.

I have also been traveling a lot the last two weeks for work.  3-days in Clarkdale last week and then 2-days in Safford this week (then Casa Grande, then Phoenix, then Sierra Vista)  On the two over nighters I brought along my camera because one should have fun while working, right?

No comments: