This year though my cousin was out for 4-H collecting cans for the food bank at the main entrance so we went in that way.... and I now know I have been missing out... there was the 3 story high tree that pulsated with a 1/2 different colors, the santa's workshop with little elves moving making toys for a present conveyer belt and my new favorite, a wishing tree where people write their wish on a piece of paper and make a chain. Evie won't tell me what her wish was but Patrick helped Izzy write hers so I know that one... when asked what her wish was Izzy said "I wish for a sandwich." I guess she was hungry.
Saturday, December 21, 2013
Winterhaven Wishes
On Thursday we made a trip over to the Tucson neighborhood called
Winterhaven where they take their Christmas lights more seriously than
anyone else I know. So seriously that the whole place is shut off to
cars, trolleys and hay rides roam the streets, and thousands peruse the
madness each year. Some of the houses are just sheet excess of lights
others are super creative. A personal favorite is always the house that
has a wholly new facade to make it look like a gingerbread house. We
usually go in from the back of the neighborhood because there are less
people and parking is easier, and honestly only make it through one or
two blocks of the madness because it is cold and the kid (or kids) are
not agreeable to a more lengthy jaunt.
This year though my cousin was out for 4-H collecting cans for the food bank at the main entrance so we went in that way.... and I now know I have been missing out... there was the 3 story high tree that pulsated with a 1/2 different colors, the santa's workshop with little elves moving making toys for a present conveyer belt and my new favorite, a wishing tree where people write their wish on a piece of paper and make a chain. Evie won't tell me what her wish was but Patrick helped Izzy write hers so I know that one... when asked what her wish was Izzy said "I wish for a sandwich." I guess she was hungry.
This year though my cousin was out for 4-H collecting cans for the food bank at the main entrance so we went in that way.... and I now know I have been missing out... there was the 3 story high tree that pulsated with a 1/2 different colors, the santa's workshop with little elves moving making toys for a present conveyer belt and my new favorite, a wishing tree where people write their wish on a piece of paper and make a chain. Evie won't tell me what her wish was but Patrick helped Izzy write hers so I know that one... when asked what her wish was Izzy said "I wish for a sandwich." I guess she was hungry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment