Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Life without furniture...

We are just a few months from marking the 1 year anniversary of our new house.  In many ways we have made it our own... pictures on the wall, chicken coop, fairy houses around the fish pond (which Patrick fixed), and a new super efficient air conditioner.  This last addition in particular has prevented us from doing what most people do in a new house... furnish it.

While the bedrooms are all nicely furnished our living spaces remain rather bare.  In the family room this means that there is ample space for nightly wrestling on the carpet, and the front living room certainly feels nice and open.  The kitchen is nice and open too, with only a small kids play table to take up space....  Although it vexed me at first, I have become quite accustomed to this bare room lifestyle.  Now don't get me wrong, I am all about couches and tables, but hey how many people can do cartwheels in their living room without fear of breaking something?  I have no doubt that someday we will have a house furnished like most folks do, but for now I will revel in the unique openness of our space!  (and in the ability to ad nauseum look at couches in order to find just the right one)

No comments: