Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013!



Halloween this year was a blast.  Some of it was old traditions, like going to Valley of the Moon, but most was new on account of our new house and neighborhood.  At first I was worried it would be a disappointment because our new neighborhood is too spread out for trick-or-treating... probably the only thing I don't like about it... and we used to have so much fun in the old neighborhood with a little party and sitting on the porch passing out candy.  Fortunately though my fears were not realized.
Valley of the Moon did a Scooby-Doo themed show this year, which was hilarious.  It was so fun to see Izzy actually watch and enjoy it for the first time! Last year we didn't even try to go and the year before Patrick spent most of the show/tour in the car with a screaming Izzy.... yes we are starting to see the light at the end of the home-arrest-on-account-of-the-baby years.
The girls and I carved pumpkins, Evie wanted a kitty one and while I did the actual carving she embellished it with ears, whiskers and drawings (and yes that is supposed to be a bloody nose).  Izzy mostly sat and watched but did decorate a pretty cool pumpkin at school.  I had bought her a dollar store make your own pumpkin too... which was also a kitty. (Clearly she was pretty excited about this)
The girls had incredible costumes courtesy of my Mom.  Evie picked out the pattern and requested a pink Indian princess costume and that is exactly what she got (Izzy didn't really have a say I am afraid... but we suspected she would want to be exactly what her sister was and we, fortunately, were right.)   Even though we knew we wouldn't be trick-or-treating in our area we still decorated the house and made pumpkins to put out front.

Then on the 31st we went over to my Aunt and Uncles house to go trick-or-treating in the 49ers neighborhood and let me tell you it did not disappoint!  Tons of kids, awesomely decorated houses and a few spooks and scares to make it just right.  Although I don't relish the idea of traveling away from our neighborhood for trick-or-treating I think we have found our new tradition!

No comments: