Sunday, August 11, 2013

First Day of School!

Both Evie and Izzy had their first days of school last week.  On Monday Genevieve ventured into the exciting world of 1st grade where she will have classes in English, science, math, art, music and (most importantly to her) French.  This year she spends about half the day in French immersion and the other half in classes that are in English.  She has a big backpack with a real 3-ring binder (trapper keeper in my day... I don't think they even make those anymore....) and a schedule for where she needs to be each hour of the day.  On Friday she took her first real test and according to her it was very stressful but "I got all of the answers right"...

Izzy's first day of preschool at the International School for Peace (I guess we like the international schools....) was on Thursday.  I (sigh) was not there to photographically capture it because I was up in the Verde Valley for work.  Patrick reports that it went well and by Friday she had proclaimed that the playground was "Izzy's playground"   I will try to get a good one of her at school this week!

No comments: