As for the actual party Izzy seemed to enjoy the limelight and once she got a hang of it even enjoyed opening the presents. Her favorite part was definitely the cake. She kept calling it "My (or Izzy) octopus (aka appletoot) cake" I felt vindicated that at least my 2 year old recognized my confection for the creature it was.
Monday, July 8, 2013
Izzy's 2nd Birthday Party!!
Izzy loves octopi. So we figured we (or maybe really just me... I am chief party planner) decided we would give her an octopus themed 2nd birthday party up at the cabin this past weekend. While she napped Genevieve and
I made octopus decorations and, what was to be the coup de grace, an
octopus cake. The crowd included my parents and my brother and his girlfriend. The cake turned out looking OK but I am afraid I have much to learn about high altidute baking because those cupcake arms were nigh inedible. The decorations were a bit more of a success...
At the end of the presents and cake a small dance party was also held... as you can see it mostly consisted of the under 7 set.... Her honest to goodness birthday is Wednesday. I'll post her annual "interview" then :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment