


Last weekend I brought the whole crew along for the annual field trip
for my PhD program. We all hopped in the U of A vans and went to Bisbee
to tour the Copper Queen mine and hang out in one of my favorite funky
little AZ towns. As part of the tour we were all required to suit up in
miner gear, including, not just a little bit ridiculously, Izzy. The
outfits were round about 5 sizes too big for her and the helmet worked
mostly as stool for her to sit on. At first I thought all the gear was a
bit silly, but then we were down in the mine where is was very cold
(yeah yellow jacket), dark (yeah little light attached to my utility
belt) and I hit my head on the ceiling (yeah helmet). After the tour a
bunch of us hung out at a brewery, where the server brilliantly brought
out a big basket of activities for the kids. The day ended with a first
for me... China Super Buffet. I have always been a bit afraid of them
to be honest but I am not going to knock a free meal. Who knew you
could get sushi, mussels, kung pao chicken, pizza and flan all in one
place. What a great way to spend a Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment