Monday, May 13, 2013

Best Mother's Day Ever

Sycamore tree from our morning/afternoon hike
What a fabulous mother's day I had!!!  I was regaled with a chicken coop (which actually arrived on Monday... and then the girls and I picked up the chickens to match the very same day)...
a fabulous new necklace purchased with Evie's allowance and a hike at Madera canyon with my favorite mother!  The chicken four are a set of mostly 2-month old chickens, the exception being my chicken who is closer to one month.  We each have a chicken named to suit our personalities.... Evie = Matilda (her fav book by Roald Dahl ); Izzy Appletoot (aka the way she says her favorite animal Octopus); Patrick = Milou (Tintin's trusty friend... yes she is a white chicken); and me Gila (after a river I love very much).   What a full and wonderful Mother's Day.
Playing at Bog spring, the end of our hike... Arizona girls have to appreciate water where they find it!


No comments: