Both Genevieve and Isadora have been full of zingers (each in their own way of course) these past few days. When asked how she would feel going to a 1st grade that was nothing but English Genevieve informed us this week that "Speaking English all day is like a big weight on my back. When I get to speak French though that weight is gone and it is like I have wings, it is like I can fly." Hmmm so our option is to "chain" our child down or let her fly eh? No pressure :)
Izzy on the other hand has been working on securing her spot as family comedian-engineer (bet you didn't know that was a title that existed). She lives to figure out ways to make all of us laugh and for ways to figure out the way things work. Her most recent comedic relief is her obsession with the horse toy, which although twice her size she has managed to "ride" around pretty much non-stop this weekend. She keeps trying to bring it with her into the car, which is a bit awkward, but hilarious. Her other favorite toy this weekend has been my TI-83, aka graphing calculator, which is even more coveted than my phone for some unknown reason. On Friday she was so into it that she insisted on taking it to bed as her lovey.... could possibly be the strangest lovey ever (not to mention expensive... even at the pricey toy stores I doubt the stuff animals top $80... or at least I hope they don't!) She has been a fitful sleeper these days though so I didn't dare risk waking her up to capture the calculator cuddle on camera.....

No comments:
Post a Comment