Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving definitely snuck up on me this year!  (That is probably because I have been in a black hole of written exams for my PhD for the past two weeks... but the upshot is at least I passed!)  I am so thankful this year for so many things.  Above all I am thankful for my family who are going above and beyond to help me do this PhD.  Everyone asks me how I do it, and the answer is with their support.  Had it not been for Patrick and my Mom in particular over these last two months I would have been (more of) a wreck and most likely would not have passed even my written exams. 
 Thanksgiving itself was glorious, complete with pony rides and a little target practice.  (And of course canned cranberry sauce... must have canned cranberry sauce).  Evie enjoyed the opportunity to play with my cousin Melissa and jump on her trampoline for what must have been a total of 3 hours and Izzy enjoyed the opportunity to get to know more of her family.  After dinner my folks took the girls so Patrick and I could do black Friday shopping at Kmart (on Thursday night, which was just cruel) for a local charity and managed to make it home by 11:30 pm.... ugh....  but interesting nonetheless.  I cannot believe that now Christmas is just around the corner, really, how does time go by so fast?!


No comments: