Monday, May 21, 2012

Socialness

We have been abnormally social these last two weekends.  Last weekend we went to the racquetball club for pool goodness and music (extra goodness) and to a pool party at Evie's boyfriends' (yes that is plural) house.  The heat and mid afternoon beer poolside was glorious if not just a liiittle bit exhausting.  After the pool party we visited with my brother and his girlfriend and ate pizza.  That was the more chill socializing, to gear up for last weekend's uber socializing.
Evie and her boyfriends

Its good to be queen
 Last Friday night we went to the gala (or as Patrick put it when he asked me if I wanted to go "shmaa shmaa") dinner called Dancing with Our Stars for the Tucson Diaper Bank.  It afforded me the opportunity to wear a fancy dress (which I bought last weekend for Mother's Day... they took a picture of us on the "red carpet", I'll see if can track it down, moments like that are fleeting so they should be shared) and allowed Patrick and I to see just how fancy we could be if we stick with our ballroom dancing lessons.  The premise of the night is for local celebrities to take dance lessons and then compete with their professional instructor, like the real dancing with the stars.  It was loads of fun, if even we felt just a little too intimidated to get out on the floor and boogie with the semi-pros.  I do, however, have a new goal in life.... to become enough of a local celebrity (celebrity hydrologist.... I am pretty sure that is an oxymoron) so I can compete.  In the mean time Patrick and I will just have to keep taking our classes and practicing our moves so next year we can cut a rug (what an odd phrase).  I'm pretty excited though, we've decided to focus just on Tango for the summer, definitely the most fun of those we've been learning (not to mention the best costumes).  As if that weren't enough on Saturday night we went out again to the annual dinner for Evie's school.  A much more casual affair but with a lot of good friends, which was really nice.  I, as I do almost every year, got a liiiittle too excited with the silent auction and we now are the proud owners of a Foosball table...  unfortunately I didn't completely think it through and said table has no really good place in our house as of yet, but by god if the tourneys we will have with the thing won't be worth it!!

No comments: